Kardamyli of Messinia, headquarters of the West Mani Municipality, is a seaside village with exceptional natural beauty and rich with monuments and history. This is where Nikitaras swore in Petrobeys and where provisions and equipment came from Smirna, received by Nikitaras himself. The mural is dedicated to these two heroes of the Revolution.
Returning secretly from Zakynthos, where he had lived for many years, Theodoros Kolokotronis lands, at the beginning of January 1821, in Kardamyli.
March 23, 1821. Kalamata is liberated without bloodshed. In the afternoon of the same day, the inhabitants gather outside the church of Agios Apostolos, next to the banks of the river Nedontas, where they watch with excitement the first liturgy being performed in their now free city.
July 23, 1821. Monemvasia becomes the first fortified castle city of the Peloponnese that falls into the hands of the Greeks.